Anthony Johnson's next fight for Titan Fighting Championships will take place at 205 pounds, according to Titan FC owner/CEO Joe Kelly.
Johnson won his Titan FC debut over Dave Branch earlier this year at a catchweight. He was released by the UFC after missing weight for his planned middleweight contest with Vitor Belfort by 11 pounds.
"(Johnson) has stated that in his next fight, he wants to fight for us at 205, so that's where the fight will be in July," said Kelly, while appearing on Bloody Elbow Radio recently. "We'll see."
Johnson has made it a habit of missing weight, causing the UFC to release him despite his age and skill-level being in his favor.
- Condit Says Rematch With Kampmann More Compelling Than Bout With Hendricks
- Michael Bisping Says Chael Sonnen "Quaking In His Boots" Over Potential Rematch
- Clay Guida Thinks Finishing Gray Maynard This Friday Puts Him In Title Mix
- Rich Franklin Thinks Wanderlei Silva Will Be More Motivated For Rematch
- Rebellion MMA Radio Returns Tonight With Michael Chandler & Joe Kelly
- Titan FC 23 Results: Jorge Santiago, Joe Wilk Earn Submission Victories
- ShoFight 20 Results: Kendall Grove Tops Derek Brunson, John Gunderson Downs Karo Parisyan
- Light Heavyweight Division In Anthony Johnson's Future
- More Injuries Hamper UFC 149 As Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Out
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.