UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida are set to begin filming in a movie called Tapped. The Score reported the that the two UFC superstars will be in London, Ontario, Canada for filming beginning September 4.
It's possible that Machida turned down the fight with Jon Jones for the UFC 205-pound title due to the movie role. Filming is expected to go until the middle of October.
Silva actually offered to take the main event fight at UFC 151 before it was scrapped, though he declined fighting Jones. Machida also turned down the fight for both UFC 151 and UFC 152.
- Luke Rockhold Set To Return Sooner Than Expected
- Vitor Belfort "Joyful" To Fight Jon Jones, Blasts Fighters Who Have Become "Divas"
- Dana White Says There's Only One Difference Between Fighting Henderson And Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Rips "Selfish Brat" Jon Jones For Refusing Fight
- Video: Bellator 73 Highlights Feature Quick Finishes
- Fear The Fighter Steps Up To Help Finance Eddie Yagin
- Joe Lauzon Requested Bout With Gray Maynard
- Cung Le Back Training, Says Foot Remains "Sore"
- Jones' Striking Coach Hints That Chael Sonnen Had Been Training For Weeks
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.