Weidman has been asking for a title shot since defeating Mark Munoz, but "The Spider" appears to have several other options on his mind right now, as he told Tatame's Guilherme Cruz.
"Everything has it's time. He'll have his opportunity to fight for the belt," Silva said. "Maybe I fight next before he gets the shot, I lose and he fights someone else; we don't know."
Silva went on to hint at possible giving up his UFC middleweight title, adding, "I can fight Bonnar, lose, and say, 'You know what, I don't want it anymore.' Or maybe I win and say, 'I don't want this anymore.' Or maybe drop to welterweight, or move up to heavyweight. Anything can happen."
- Shane Carwin On Roy Nelson "He Puts On A Front"
- Marcus Brimage On Training With American Top Team In Preparation Of UFC 152
- Verbal Attacks Have No Affect On Brian Stann
- Despite Recent Surgery, Chris Weidman Still Plans On Facing Tim Boetsch
- Stephan Bonnar Calls Fighting Anderson Silva In Brazil A "Dream Fight"
- Time Off Allowed Joseph Benavidez To Improve As A Fighter
- Rashad Evans' TUF Performance Pushed Demetrious Johnson Into MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline