In the report, Silva says that he's hopeful and believes that he'll be fully recovered in time for his title defense.
Whether or not Silva is hurt, the champion tweeted today that he is doing fine and will be moving forward with the fight (translated):
People my knee is doing very well thank you! Stay calm day on July 7 will be doing my job. OSSs
Silva and Sonnen are scheduled for a second go-round on July 7, with their rematch/title fight scheduled to headline the UFC 148 fight card in Las Vegas.
The two fighters initially met in the cage back in 2010 in a fight that became an instant classic when Silva -- who was reportedly suffering from a broken rib -- rallied from a four-and-a-half round deficit to submit the challenger in the fight's closing moments.
- Dan Hardy: “I Feel Like That Was My UFC Debut”
- UFC's Alan Belcher Gives Webinar For Leglock Defense
- Mayhem Miller Talks Backstage Incident, Retirement
- Report: Anderson Silva Has Injured His Knee
- Video: Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic Wins By KO At K-1 Rising
- Big Country Sticks It To Bosses With UFC 146 Win
- Alistair Overeem Likely To Remain Top Contender After Suspension
- Dana White Confirms Nottingham Fight Card
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir Highlights
- Dana White Talks Arianny Celeste's Arrest
- Video: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Highlights
- Dana White Hints At Brock Lesnar's Return
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller Cut From UFC
- Vitor Belfort Out Of UFC 147 With Broken Hand
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Live Gate And Attendance
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.