The two square off in the main event of UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II from Las Vegas. "Cigano" won the title from Velasquez via first round stoppage last year.
Overeem, the former Strikeforce heavyweight champion who was scheduled to meet dos Santos before a failed drug test, plans to be re-licensed just days before the battle between Velasquez and dos Santos. It remains unknown if he will compete before receiving a title shot, or if his next fight back will be for the belt.
"The Reem" did, however, offer up a prediction on the colossal contest during a recent interview with MMA Interviews.
"I think Cain is gonna do good in this next fight. I think he's gonna get the belt," Overeem said. "I felt so the first time, then he lost the belt. I think this time could be different."
Velasquez entered his match with dos Santos undefeated, but was dropped early in the first round. He rebounded to defeat Antonio Silva and secure a shot at halting the reign of the Brazilian.
- Josh Koscheck Reports Possible Nick Diaz Fight
- Gilbert Melendez Could Go To UFC "Anytime" Says Cesar Gracie
- UFC On Fox 5 Loaded With 13 Bouts
- Change Made To UFC 154 Fight Card Lineup
- WSOF Matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz Promises Every Card Will Be Packed With Action
- Strikeforce’s Evangelista Santos Jumps Ship To Legacy FC
- Tim Gorman Goes From Bar Fighter To Championship Contender
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.