Stop me if you've heard this one before.
Alistair Overeem respects his impending opponent, UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos, but believes he's the man to topple him from the throne. Overeem will meet JDS at UFC 146 this May 26, and told Heavy's Megan Olivi while making the media rounds this week that he's confident matching his striking against the Brazilian bomber's.
"I think he's a tremendous athlete, I think his boxing is incredible," said Overeem. "He's Brazilian, so obviously his ground is also gonna be top notch. But, I truly believe I'm the one to beat him. I truly believe I have superior striking and I can't wait to get it on."
Check out HeavyMMA's full interview with Overeem below.
- Amazon Forest Combat 2" Results: Trio Of Ex-UFC Fighters Earn Wins
- Jon Jones On Rashad Evans: "Rashad's Just A Pawn In This Game"
- Gian Villante-Derrick Mehmen Slated For "Strikeforce: Barnett Vs. Cormier"
- "WMMA: McCorkle Vs. Heden" Results: Sean McCorkle Stopped In Main Event
- Video: Champion Vs. Contender: Ronda Rousey Interviews Alistair Overeem
- Despite Two Previous Losses, Rich Franklin Feels Like He Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- Brock Lesnar Has Reportedly Signed With The WWE
- Video: "ONE FC 3: War Of Lions" Event Available For Online Viewing
- Erick Silva-Charlie Brenneman Added To "UFC On FX 3"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.