Vitor Belfort seemed to want a fight with Chris Weidman on Monday night. Well, now it appears that Belfort is targeting Alan Belcher, and Belcher has already agreed.
Via Twitter, Belfort called for Belcher to accept a fight with him for UFC 153 in October from Brazil. It didn't take Belcher's manager, Malki Kawa, long to agree.
"We told joe (Silva, UFC matchmaker) were in. Waiting for you to tell him brother," Kawa posted on Twitter.
Belcher made mention of possibly fighting on the card Monday evening, saying he was in for the biggest fight of his career south, very south. He continued to further fuel a potential meeting with Belfort, writing, "(Belfort) ??????? Your call!! The fans want this and so do I :) Hey guys, help me get the word 2 Dana (White) and Lorenzo (Fertitta), this fight should happen w ur help. include there names & talent vs. phenom."
- Alan Belcher Accepts Vitor Belfort's Challenge
- Michael Bisping Happy To Be Fighting Brian Stann On Neutral Territory
- Rory MacDonald "Excited" To Be Fighting In Canada Again
- Joseph Benavidez Not Amused By Michael Bisping's Comments
- Dominick Cruz Wants To Fight Soon, But Leaving That In Hands Of Professionals
- UFC 152 Receives Welterweights Seth Baczynski, Simeon Thoresen
- Jacob Volkmann-Shane Roller Added To UFC 151
- Chael Sonnen Tries To "Encourage" Urijah Faber
- Rory MacDonald Planning To Hurt BJ Penn
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline