A Texas woman was appalled when she reportedly found a plastic object inside her Little Caesars pizza.
Christina Martinez of San Antonio, Texas, allegedly found a finger cot, also known as a finger condom, inside her Little Caesars pizza on March 28.
"It was a balloon or something," Martinez told KABB News. "I pulled it out of my mouth and it was just really gross. It was disgusting I couldn't believe that."
According to a distributor of finger cots, these small, plastic coverings are typically used when handling objects that do not need a whole glove.
"It's something that shouldn't be in pizza period," Martinez added to KABB News.
Finger cots also keep dirt and moisture out of small cuts. They are used in food service and processing professions.
"I'm thinking someone was poorly making pizza and either they did it on purpose or it fell in and it was sloppy work," Martinez said.
The mother of three added that the protective bandage covering was baked into the pizza. She did not notice it before biting into the meal, after which she felt the finger cot in her mouth.
"You know my daughters were eating that, and I was eating it and God forbid something would have happened and my daughter who's only 1 she could have been eating it and choked on it," Martinez said.
Darrel Davis, Little Caesars’ Director of Operations, released a statement regarding the incident.
"We take great measures to ensure that our stores serve products of the highest quality," Davis said, according to WTVC News. "We are conducting a thorough investigation to determine if, and if so how, a protective bandage cover was introduced into the production process. We have strict quality assurance procedures that are followed daily in our stores."
Although Martinez is a longtime customer of this particular Little Caesars franchise, she does not plan to eat pizza in the immediate future.
"I won't be going back, let's just say it like that," Martinez told KABB News. "We won't be eating pizza for a while."