The White House released a list on Feb. 6 of terrorist attacks that they say the media did not adequately cover, hours after President Donald Trump said that news outlets intentionally cover up these instances.
The complete list contains 78 attacks carried out by those believed to be ISIS sympathizers, reports CBS.
Among the higher-profile listed incidents are the 2015 shooting in San Bernardino, California, the truck that plowed into a crowd and killed 84 people in Nice, France, in 2016, the 2016 shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, and the 2016 airport and subway bombings in Brussels, Belgium. The majority of the others on the list resulted in between zero and three casualties.
"You've seen what happened in Paris and Nice," Trump told military leaders earlier in the day, according to the Washington Post. "All over Europe, it's happening. "It's gotten to a point where it's not even being reported. And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn't want to report it. They have their reasons, and you understand that."
When asked what Trump was referring to, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said that he would "provide a list later," but that there are "several instances" that he thought have not "gotten the coverage [they] deserved."
"[Trump] felt members of the media don't always cover some of those events to the extent that other events might get covered," Spicer added. "Protests will get blown out of the water, and yet an attack or a foiled attack doesn't necessarily get the same coverage. … A lot of those stories and success that [Trump has] had -- in a mere two and a half weeks in office -- aren't exactly covered to the degree to which they should be."
The list come days after senior adviser Kellyanne Conway's "Bowling Green massacre" gaffe and the shooting at a mosque in Quebec, Canada. Trump did not publicly comment on the fatal attack, but said that he spoke privately with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.