A venomous rattlesnake was found inside of a Spring Hill, Tennessee, Home Depot on Wednesday.
The dangerous Timber rattlesnake, which is native to Tennessee, made its way inside the store after first being spotted outside.
“It was actually in the outside gardening department, which is actually an annex to the outside of the building so it was removed from the interior of the store,” general manager TJ Thompson said.
“It was easy to block the two doors and explain to people we have a reptile in the garden area, but we ask that you be patient while we figure out what to do with it.”
A wildlife animal control worker was called to remove the snake, and later determined that it likely came from the field behind the store.
“They're highly venomous,” animal control worker Adam Warden said. “They are deadly. You have to expect the unexpected. I was able to locate him before he could see me. He did not like being picked up."
According to Thompson, the situation was handled quickly and the store was able to avoid any injury to customers or employees.
“It is an aggressive animal; you want to call in a professional to handle something like that, not something any of our associates should handle,” he said.
“Luckily the response time was really quick, they were able to capture the snake. Nobody got hurt; everyone made it out okay, customers, associates and the animal itself.”