Society
Society

Hoverboard Explodes, Destroys Louisiana Home (Video)

| by Sean Kelly

A hoverboard reportedly exploded, starting a fire that destroyed a Lafitte, Louisiana, home (video below).

Five days before Thanksgiving, Jessica Horne's son received the sought-after hoverboard toy, which allows riders to move by steering with their feet, WGNO reports. 

Just one day after it was first used, the toy’s battery was charging when it suddenly burst into flames. 

“It was like fireworks,” Horne said. “The middle part of the board -- just 'poof.'"

Within minutes, her house was in flames.

The Louisiana State Fire Marshal’s Office is currently investigating the fire.

Sources: WGNO, Times-Picayune / Photo credit: WGNO