Crime
Crime

Police Find Remains Of Multiple Bodies At Farm (Photos)

| by Jonathan Constante

A Pennsylvania man has been arrested after police found the human remains of four missing men in a hole on the suspect's farmland.

Cosmo DiNardo, 20, was initially arrested on July 10 on a firearms possession charge unrelated to the cases of the missing men, CNN reported. He posted bail shortly after.

But while searching DiNardo's farm in Solebury Township, police found the human remains of multiple people in a common grave, Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub said. Four of the bodies were identified as Dean A. Finocchiaro, 18, Jimi Tar Patrick, 19, Mark Sturgis, 22, and Tom Meo, 21.

The search was launched after the four men went missing over the span of three days. Weintraub said they could not disclose how many bodies they discovered in the 12-foot-deep hole.

Authorities arrested DiNardo again on July 12 for trying to sell one of the victim's vehicles, the Daily Mail reported.

DiNardo is the sole person of interest in the case. The victims' families have been at the scene hoping to learn more about what may have happened to their loved ones.

A friend of Meo said DiNardo sold guns and marijuana and had previously bragged about having someone killed over debt.

"I can tell you on multiple different occasions, on multiple different accounts, from multiple different people, including myself -- Cosmo has spoken about weird things like killing people and having people killed," Bensalem resident Eric Beitz, 20, told Philly.com. "Everybody you talk to about this guy, you hear he’s mentally unstable."

Weintraub said they are treating the deaths as homicides.

"This painstaking process will go on, we’re not done yet," Weintraub told reporters. "This is a homicide, no question about it. We’re going to bring each and every one of these lost boys home to their families."

DiNardo, who the court heard is schizophrenic, is being held on $5 million bail after his second arrest.

Police are continuing their search of the suspect's 90-acre farm, which is owned by his parents.

DiNardo's parents issued a statement through their attorney, Fortunato Perri Jr.

"As parents, Mr. and Mrs. Dinardo sympathize with the parents and families of the missing young men and they are cooperating in every way possible with the investigation being conducted by law enforcement," the statement read.

DiNardo has only been charged with car theft. He has not been charged in connection with the missing men at this time.

"As of this moment he remains a person of interest," Weintraub said in a news conference. "But if others arise and we can name them, we will."

Should DiNardo be facing murder charges?
Yes - 0%
Yes - 0%

Popular Video

Popular Video