A North Carolina couple were left with an unforgettable proposal story this week after the groom-to-be’s plan to pop the question was reportedly interrupted by a robbery.
Nicolas Anderson was preparing to propose to girlfriend Deanna Deal at a Salsarita’s restaurant in Hickory, North Carolina, when a robber burst into the Mexican eatery at about 6:30 p.m. on July 27, according to WCNC.
Instead of letting the interruption ruin the night, Anderson took down the robber and later proceeded with the proposal.
“The manager came to the door and locked the door. The guy behind the manager pushed him out of the way and unlocked the door,” Anderson told WCNC.
That’s when Anderson sprung into action and grabbed the suspect, pulling him back into the restaurant as the man attempted to flee, WCNC reported. Anderson promptly placed the man in a chokehold and the culprit was out cold in a matter of seconds,reports Daily Mail.
“It happened really quick," Deal said. "He knew how the handle the situation."
Hickory Police arrested the alleged robber, 26-year-old Graham Wilson Kiziah, on several felony counts.
After the ordeal, Anderson took Deal and her sons, who were dining with them, to the backup proposal location, Winkler Park. There, he proposed to an unsuspecting Deal, who said yes.
The alleged robber was charged with one count of common law robbery and two counts of robbery with firearms or other dangerous weapons, WHKY reported. Reports say Kiziah is likely to have a criminal history. He is the suspect in two robberies earlier in July, both at Salsarita’s restaurants.
Kiziah is being held at the Catawba County Detention Facility in lieu of $175,000 bail, according to WHKY.
Photo credit: Screenshot via WCNC