Army Wife Charged With Attempted Murder After Slashing Her Daughters' Throats

| by Jonathan Constante

A woman has been charged with attempted murder after she slashed the throats of her 6-month-old twin girls and 2-year-old daughter.

Neighbors of Christina Booth, 29, described her as a lively and outgoing presence in their small suburban Washington community and were shocked to learn what she had done.

“I have to assume that she felt trapped in some way in her situation  whether psychological or relational or whatever,” Eric Felch told KIRO-TV.

The incident occurred before 1:20 a.m. Sunday. Booth called 911 and told dispatchers that her three daughters had injuries to their necks and would not stop crying.

When police arrived at the family home, they found the three girls in an upstairs bedroom with life-threatening injuries to their necks. They were then rushed to Mary Bridge Children's Hospital and underwent surgery.

Both Booth and her husband, Tommy, were questioned by the police. Tommy, a U.S. Army staff sergeant at nearby Joint Base Lewis-McChord, was released without charge. He returned home to gather his belongings.

Olympia Police were able to retrieve the knife Booth allegedly used on her children.

Lt. Tim Costa is shocked that a mother could do such a thing. “To do that kind of damage or injury to three helpless human beings, I don’t know that you can explain it,” he told reporters.

Neighbors said they noticed a change in Booth’s behavior after her husband returned home from his second tour of duty in Afghanistan, just before the twins were born. They recalled seeing less and less of her.

“I can’t imagine having three (children) under two,” neighbor Tiffany Felch said. “I’m sure she was going through a lot.”

A close family friend said the three children are slowly recovering after their surgeries. They are currently in the custody of Child Protective Services.

Booth may appear in court on Monday.

Sources: The Daily Mail, KIRO-TV / Photo Credit: MailOnline