Animal Rights
Animal Rights

Golden Retriever Miraculously Recovers After Getting Battery Acid Poured On Him (Photo)

| by Emily Smith

A golden retriever has made incredible strides toward recovery after he was found with burns down his back.

According to veterinarians, it’s believed that someone poured battery acid down the dog’s spine from his neck to tail. The pup, named Fergus, now has third-degree burns that could lead to infection.

“Unfortunately, we see these types of malicious injuries to dogs at times,” Dr. Alan Schulman of the Animal Medical Center of Southern California said.

Fergus was picked up from the Southern California Golden Retriever Rescue and brought to the Animal Medical Center of Southern California in West Los Angeles. A GoFundMe account is currently set up to raise money for Fergus’ medical bills.

“He had a huge seizure,” Barbara Gale of the Southern California Golden Retriever Rescue said. “I think at that point his body just shut down.”

It’s expected that Fergus will take months to recover. Incredibly, he seems to be an affectionate dog.

Gale noted that she can’t imagine a single human who would be friendly if they had been hurt with battery acid.

Fergus, whose name means strength, will be available for adoption following his recovery. 

Sources: KTLA, DailyMail

Photo Credit: KTLA