In a chilling twist, the coroner says Monjack died of acute pneumonia and severe anemia. Murphy had died five months previously of pneumonia, anemia and multiple drug intoxication.
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter tells CNN Monjack died “just like Brittany.”
Prescription drugs were also found in Monjack’s system, but not in lethal levels.
Muprhy’s mother has released a statement, saying: “As I was sure of, just like my daughter Brittany, there was no kind of drug overdose,” she said via her publicist Roger Neal.
“I am calling on the media to stop the reckless innuendos that my daughter and son-in-law misused any kind of prescription medications. Thank you to the thousands of people who have sent letters and emails letting me know I am in their thoughts and prayers. I am getting stronger every day.”
Awful and poignantly tragic. Ultimately the coroner’s verdict raises yet more questions than answers.