This may be one of the most expensive bar tabs in the history of bar tabs. The Boston Bruins recently went out and celebrated their 2011 Stanley Cup victory at the Shrine nightclub inside Foxwoods Casino in Mashantucket, Conn. There was a bit of drinking -- and that bit of drinking cost the club $156,679.74. (The Dallas Mavericks spent only $110,000 on their recent celebration.)
Some important points of interest:
1. One item accounts for almost 2/3 of the bill. The Bruins quaffed down a single bottle of Ace of Spades "Midas" champagne that cost $100,000.
2. The bar comped only 1 bottle of champagne -- despite the hefty tab. In addition, they didn't even comp the non-alcoholic drinks. Seems cheap on the club's part.
3. The Bruins love Bud Light. We know this because they consumed 136 bottles at $5 a pop.
4. Because the Bruins got bottle service, the gratuity charge was nearly $25,000.
5. The only one without a hangover was Uncle Sam. The Bruins paid more than $7,400 in taxes.