An Australian woman was shocked after she says she found a cigarette butt baked into her pregnant friend’s Krispy Kreme doughnut.
The woman took to social media on May 11 to express her concern after her friend took a bite out of the contaminated doughnut, Daily Mail reported.
“Earlier this afternoon I was with my friend whilst she was eating a Krispy Kreme doughnut, she took a bite into her doughnut and spat it back out, to find a cigarette butt cooked into the doughnut,” the woman posted on the company’s Australian Facebook page.
The Port Macquarie woman posted photos to support her claims. The pictures show what appears to be a cigarette butt embedded into the middle of a half-eaten doughnut.
She said she believes the employee who made the doughnut must have been smoking while in the kitchen and added that the cigarette butt could have caused severe consequences for her pregnant friend.
“I’m so horrified to think that this huge company lets the employees smoke whilst cooking these doughnuts,” the woman wrote. “This could have seriously affected the health of not only my friend but her 5-month-old unborn child.
“We are seriously disgusted by this!" she added.
The woman’s post has since been removed, the Daily Mail notes.
In April, another woman complained about a Krispy Kreme employee, claiming the company needs better hygiene guidelines.
“I noticed a woman worker outside picking up cigarette butts with her non-gloved hands,” Amy Powell Nemeth wrote in her post. “She came into the building and immediately went to the back where they make the doughnuts WITHOUT WASHING HER HANDS, and picked up trays.
“Needless to say, it will be a while before I eat there again,” the woman said. “Just can't get that picture out of my mind.”
Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons