Notes and tidbits from the Doctor's office to help you get an edge on your fantasy competition.
The Doctor is in...
1) I don't want to pile on Wade Phillips, but what happened against the Jaguars was unforgivable. Jerry Jones has to make a move if only to show the entire roster that no one's job is safe.
2) Hey Chan Gailey: why not have Rian Lindell try that 59 yd FG in OT? Did you think that your defense was good enough to stop the Chiefs?
3) Can Mike Shanahan be serious about Rex Grossman being better at the two minute drill than Donovan McNabb? Rex Grossman wasn't even better at the two minute drill at Florida than Danny Wuerffel!
4) Dr. Roto was pleasantly surprised with Troy Smith's outing for the 49ers. If he can regain that Ohio State swagger, he may be an upgrade over Alex Smith.
5) Please don't blame Jon Kitna or Mark Sanchez for their teams' defeats. There were tons of bobbles, drops, and other balls that should have been caught by their receivers.
6) Memo to Steve Spagnuolo: Please let Sam Bradford air it out. 25 completions for 191 yards is awful.
7) Dr. Roto called it last week: LeGarrette Blount is the real deal. Get him ASAP!
8) Jacob Tamme may not be Dallas Clark, but he is certainly a decent pick up off your league's waiver wire.
9) It is good to see Anthony Gonzalez healthy and back on the field. Just a short time ago, he was supposed to be the next great young WR. He is a terrific pickup with Austin Collie out.
10) Kevin Smith looked better than Jahvid Best this week. If he can stay healthy, he and Best make a good one-two punch for the Lions.
11) The Raiders are a much different team when they play at home--even Darius Heyward-Bey looked like a viable starter this week.
12) Tim Tebow looks to be good for another 3-5 goal line TD's. Now they need to keep working on his passing.
The Doctor is out...
For more insight and opinion of Fantasy Football, be sure to catch my weekly Fantasy Football 411 Podcast on Friday evenings at 10:00PM EST. Feel free to call and have your questions answered on the air @ 646-915-9367.
If you would like to ask Dr. Roto a question, call (646) 915-9367 on Friday nights at 10:00pm EST and ask your question live on the that weeks Fantasy Football 411 Podcast.
Check out these other stories.....