Though Ashton Kutcher's Steve Jobs movie has been delayed, he's still holding onto the inspiration of it by opening up a new tech company.
According to some Columbia University undergraduates, he has sent out an email seeking English majors who have creativity "and a taste for aesthetic beauty."
It is not known what the company is called or what it will do, but the email suggests it will be a "consumer-oriented technology company," and it wants to hire writers to create "daily creative pieces that will form a core part of the product" and screen a "larger editorial team."
The email, sent out to an English major listserv, said, "Your writing will be a centerpiece of the company's product and will reach millions of people."
He has previously started up another company, called Katalyst, and it still develops video projects online. He is also working on "Two and a Half Men" and regularly invests in tech companies.
In full, the ad for this new company seeking a writer reads:
"Ashton Kutcher is looking for a writer to join a small team of designers and engineers who are cofounding a consumer-oriented technology company. This job will require relocating to LA, and will provide an opportunity to be a part of the tech company’s founding team. Your writing will be a centerpiece of the company?s product and will reach millions of people.
A successful candidate will be an excellent and versatile writer with strong project management skills. This individual should have experience in creative descriptive writing and be capable of conducting research/curating content.
- Write daily creative pieces that will form a core part of the product
- Work closely with founders to curate content for application?s homepage
- Begin to screen and hire a larger editorial team
- 3+ years experience writing in college (English major or equivalent)
- Ability to take the initiative and complete a project, regardless of scope or complexity
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Creativity and taste for aesthetic beauty
How to apply
- Please send your resume along with samples (or links to samples) of your writing to [redacted]@gmail.com"