Michele Bachmann said she will not rule out another presidential run in 2016.
Bachmann, R-Minn., announced last week that she wouldn't seek another term in the House, which leaves her 2016 schedule wide open.
Fox News’ Sean Hannity interviewed the congresswoman Thursday in her first public appearance since her announcement. Toward the end of the interview, he finally got around to the question of her plans for the future.
"I'm not taking anything off of the table," Bachmann said. "But that's certainly not my number one item that I'm looking at right now, either. I'm in the game for the long haul."
In 2012, support for Bachmann in the Midwest seemed to be relatively strong, especially in Iowa where she placed first in the Iowa Ames Straw Poll. A couple months later, however, her campaign took a shattering blow when she finished sixth in Iowa and decided to drop out of the race.
Even if Bachmann does run in 2016, a 2012 repeat is most likely in the cards for her as most of her popularity is contained in the Midwest. According to a HuffPost/YouGov poll, Bachmann suffers from a 40 percent disapproval rating nationwide, which means a relatively unknown candidate would have less of a challenge than her in the election.