After two weeks of hype and corporate sponsorships, the Super Bowl is finally going to happen this Sunday around 6:30PM. You probably know all the storylines: Big Ben’s inspirational come back after whipping it out last off season, Green Bay getting here despite having millions of injuries, blah blah blah.
- Despite coming into the playoffs as a #6 seed, Green Bay is the favorite, meaning that the Pack has been the favorite in each of the franchise’s four Super Bowl appearances. Lombardi, the Wrangler Hero, and now Aaron Rodgers: all picked to win by Vegas.
- Two players who played in a Super Bowl for the Steelers are now defensive coaches with Dom Capers on the Packers. LB Coach Kevin Greene and DB coach Darren Perry were both starters under Capers when Neil O’ Donnell Pittsburgh lost to the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX.
- To get Green Bay Packers season tickets, you have to get on a waiting list that supposedly averages about 90 years. Passing down to other family members is allowed if they are on the list, so as soon as the baby pops out, fans will sign them up. This is true family planning.
- Steelers WR Hines Ward is of South Korean descent, born in Seoul. No word on if he wants to challenge Kim Jong Il to a death match for the entire peninsula.
- Packers CB Charles Woodson is trying to become the first player ever to win a national championship, Heisman trophy, Defensive Player of the Year, and Super Bowl.
- Green Bay head coach Mike McCarthy played college ball at Baker College in Baldwin City, Kansas. Baldwin is an NAIA school that probably does not have a hill within 200 miles.
- Pittsburgh head coach Mike Tomlin caught a school record 20 touchdowns while playing for the College of William and Mary in Virginia. He also has an uncanny resemblance to actor Omar Epps.
Here’s to hoping we have a good game, regardless of who comes out on top.
Follow Zero-Star Recruit on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ZeroStarRecruit