When I have a cold, for example now, there are some things my body just does not want to do. For me, though, sinus issues do not necessary mean that I feel sick in the rest of my body. I still want to get my move on. Is yoga off the table? Never!
Here's some yoga that might take some of the pressure off.
Yoga and Sinus Pressure
As always, I ain't a doctor or nurse, and all of my anatomy has been taught to me by people that may never have taken a science course in their life, for all I know. I just know what feels good for me. If your brain feels like it may explode with pressure, please stop. Otherwise, enjoy!
- Deep breaths in and out. If you cannot breathe through the nose, make a tight "O" shape with the mouth to inhale, and deep full relaxed exhales
- Sun breaths
- Ardha Chandrasana (Standing Half Moon, side stretch). Repeat other side
- Take hands to lower back for slight back bend
- Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I)
- Repeat on other leg
- Virabhadrasana II (Warrior II)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose). Take the head into a comfortable position.
- Utthita Tadasana (Five pointed Star)
- Repeat steps 8-10 on other side
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand). Hold for 3-5 minutes. Use bolsters and make into supported shoulder stand if desired
- Halasana (Plow pose). Hold for 1-2 minutes. Again, use props as desired.
- Supine spinal twists