Woman Severely Burned After Falling Asleep on Her Charging iPhone 4


A woman woke up with a 5-inch burn down her breast after she fell asleep on her charging iPhone 4.

“I sleep in the nude and this large red mark was all down one side to the nipple,” Dionne Baxter said of her painful discovery.

“When I touched the phone, it was so hot, I couldn’t pick it up,” the 24-year-old mother added.

Baxter is a former warehouse worker from Purfleet in Essex. After she woke up and discovered the painful burn, doctors at a hospital attempted to treat the wound with antibiotic cream and painkillers.

Baxter’s wound later became infected; she now fears that, should she have a second child, the injury and resulting infection may prevent her from being able to breastfeed.

Image placeholder title

(via Mail Online)

Image placeholder title

(via Mail Online)

“It’s dreadful,” she said. “Imagine if my daughter had been on that side of the bed and it had burned her face.”

Frightening as the incident is, it is not an isolated incident.

Two weeks ago, 18-year old Jake Parker woke up with a painful burn on his arm after he, too, had fallen asleep draped across his iPhone 5.

In February, a 14-year-old girl in Maine suffered second degree burns to her thigh and back after her iPhone spontaneously caught fire while it was in her back pocket.

Mail Online reports that Apple declined to comment on Baxter's case..

Sources: Mail Online, Georgia Newsday, Pulse

Photo sources: Mail Online


Popular Video