Snake Bite Causes 13-Year-Old Girl's Leg To Turn Black And Shrivel To Nothing (Graphic Photos)


A disturbing image being circulated around the Internet shows a 13-year-old girl’s leg as it turns black and begins to shrivel up after a snake bite.

It is very, very graphic, so if you do not want to see it, do not scroll down.

The unidentified 13-year-old girl, reportedly from Venezuela, is said to have gotten traditional treatments after being bitten by the snake. A month later, however, she was brought to a hospital when her leg started to turn black and shrivel up because of necrosis - which causes the premature death of cells.

The graphic image shows how badly the venom caused necrosis, and as Dr. Arun Ghosh told the Daily Mail, she will need to have her leg amputated, even though she could still very likely die from the bite and severe breakdown of her leg.

“Snake venom is very complicated and depends on the species of snake,” Ghosh said. “But the picture shows clearly severe tissue necrosis that will need amputation, though she still may die from this due to the nature of the poison. The whole lower leg is black, it’s spreading up. Looking at the rest of her body she’s showing signs of muscle wastage from the poison. Her other leg is thin. It's likely she will still die.”

Dr. Ghosh says that he believes the teenage girl only received localized treatment that is set up to prevent infection and most likely never received any specialized anti-venom treatment, which would keep the blood flowing in her body.

Image placeholder title
Image placeholder title
Image placeholder title
Image placeholder title

Sources: Daily Mail, Huffington Post UK, Mirror UK / Photo Credit: WikiCommons


Popular Video