McDonald’s Sued After Toddler Eats Used Condom Found in Play Area


A Chicago mother is suing McDonald’s after her son allegedly ate a used condom he found in the play area of a Gage Park restaurant.

Anashi Spencer filed suit Wednesday against the fastfood giant in Cook County Circuit Court on behalf of herself and her two sons, Jacquel and Jonathan Hines.

The incident took place on Feb. 4, 2012, at a restaurant on 5733 S. Kezie Ave. when Jacquel, then 2, and older brother Jonathan, then 3, found a used condom on the floor of the PlayPlace area.

The mother says Jacquel later coughed up a piece of the condom, according to the suit. The boys both received medical treatment after the incident.

The suit names McDonald’s Corp. and McDonald’s of Illinois for failing to properly remove hazardous debris from an area designated for kids. The suit also blames the restaurant for failing to use surveillance or inspections to uncover “deviant activities” at its location.

Claiming negligence and seeking compensation for medical treatment, the three-count premises liability suit seeks at least $50,000 in damages.

So far McDonald’s headquarters has not commented on the suit.

Source: NBC Chicago


Popular Video