Steve Easton was shocked to discover that, after 40 years of suffering from a blocked nose, the cause of his nasal issues was actually a piece of a toy dart launched in his nose from childhood.
Just a few weeks ago, the 51-year-old U.K. man sneezed out the tip of a toy dart. It was roughly the size of a penny, The Guardian reports. After suffering most of his life from blocked nasal passages and headaches, which he assumed was due to hay fever, he realized the real cause was a childhood toy.
“I started a sneezing fit and it came out of my left nostril,” Easton told The Guardian. “I thought, ‘What’s this? Where the hell has this come from?’ and pulled out this rubber sucker. I was completely blown away.”
Easton reported that the mildly decomposed sucker had been lodged in his nose since the 1970s. After speaking to his mother, Easton learned that his parents had taken him to the hospital after he had snorted the toy dart. However, doctors believed that Easton had swallowed the dart instead of inhaling it, and therefore believed that nothing was amiss after inspecting his mouth and throat.
Easton’s mother had always suspected there was more to the story, but her suspicions weren’t confirmed until recently.
“I mentioned it to my doctor and he was amazed like everybody else. But he said there had been no harm done,” Easton said. “I wonder if there’s anything else up there.”
Easton noted that he doesn’t feel any different now that the dart piece has left his nostril.
Photo Credit: Screenshot via Daily Mail video