An unnamed 23-year-old man in Darwin, New Zealand suffered serious injuries, on Saturday, after he set off fireworks between his buttocks.
Senior Sergeant Garry Smith told The New Zealand Herald: “It appears a party was in full progress when a young male decided to place fireworks between the cheeks of his bottom and light it. What must of seemed to be a great idea at the time has backfired, resulting in the male receiving quite severe and very painful burns to his cheeks, back and private bits."
After the explosion in his rear, the man was somehow able to take himself to the Royal Darwin Hospital. A Royal Darwin Hospital spokespersonwas unable to confirm the man would be flown to Adelaide, but said a flight to the specialist unit would mean the man was seriously injured.
The man said he he wanted to “put on a good show” for his friends after drinking a few beers. One of his friends said: "He screamed a little bit and there were a fair few f-words."