Man Dead After Contracting Infection From Pedicure

A pedicure at a suburban Chicago, Illinois, nail salon resulted in a man contracting an infection, losing his leg, and then his life.

Latania Peterson-Carr, the widow of victim Darryl Carr, has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against AZ Happy Nails in Sauk Village.

According to the lawsuit, Darryl received a pedicure at Happy Nails on Nov. 13, 2014. His feet were soaked in hot water and a chemical solution, followed by a hot wax solution.

It is alleged that the solutions were contaminated and Darryl’s left foot soaked for an excessive amount of time, reports Chicago Sun-Times.

Darryl suffered “serious burns” to his left foot and leg, which led to an infection, and eventually an amputation had to be performed.

Due to medical complications following the infection and amputation, Darryl lost his life on June 4.

The suit claims staff did not determine whether Darryl was at risk for an allergic reaction or if he had any underlying medical conditions that could put his health at risk by receiving the pedicure. It also states staff did not warn Darryl about the risk of harm and that employees were not properly trained or supervised.

A minimum of $50,000 is sought in the wrongful death suit, reports Mad World News.

Darryl is survived by his wife and two children, ages 10 and 13.

Sources: Chicago Sun-Times, Mad World News

Photo Credit: Mad World News


Popular Video