Little Girl Hospitalized After Wearing These Popular Shoes - Here's The Mom's Warning To Others

Author:
Publish date:
Updated on
image (48) 5

Parents are always looking out for their children, advising them to stay away from dangerous things and situations such as sharp objects, busy streets, and open flames.

However, not all burns come from fires and this is the lesson one Houston mother learned after buying her daughter a brand new pair of sandals.

In Felicia Hillman’s Facebook post, she stated that she didn’t think there would be any harm in buying her daughter Rosie a new pair of shoes. After all, what was the worst that could happen?

Hillman wrote, “A few weeks ago, I bought Rosie those jelly sandals from Walmart.” These sandals were quite popular during the 90’s, were made of bright colored PVC plastic and were stippled with holes for airflow. Although they are not the most comfortable shoes, they’re super affordable.

While they enjoyed peak popularity in the 90’s, the sandals are slowly making a comeback. On their website, MTV News reported that sweating feet would cause the sandals to become slippery and that they would smell horrible since there was no proper air circulation that allowed the sweat to dry.

In Rosie’s case, her foot started developing blisters after just a single day in the shoes. On her Facebook post, Hillman wrote, “After one day in them she came home from daycare with blisters. ONLY ONE DAY WAS SHE IN THEM.”

However, the blisters worsened days later and became third-degree burns, prompting Hillman to rush Rosie to the ER.

Rosie, as Hillman reports, is now healing slowly and has received treatment. She will also be taking her daughter to a plastic surgeon to ensure little Rosie won’t be needing skin grafts to make up for the lost skin.

Hillman and Rosie’s experience teaches us that a trendy and cute shoe doesn’t always mean a safe and comfortable shoe.

Sources: The Western Journal / Photo Credit: Google, Facebook/Liz Johnson

Popular Video