Family Hospitalized For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Generator Was Left On Overnight


Seven members of a family from St. Petersburg, Florida, were rushed to the hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide in their home.

Fire rescue workers responded to the family’s home at around 4 a.m. on Sept. 18 and discovered a generator had been running in the garage overnight — filling the entire home with the poisonous gas, Fox 13 News reports.

When family members woke up with severe headaches and complaints of dizziness, they called 911. 

The family, which includes children ranging from 15 months old to 12 years old, were treated for carbon monoxide exposure and discharged later that day.

Sources: Fox 13 News, Orlando Sentinel

Photo credit: Screenshot Fox 13 News,


Popular Video