Skip to main content

Dr. Conrad Murray Claims Michael Jackson Killed Himself

Dr. Conrad Murray was released from jail three weeks ago after serving two years of a four-year prison sentence for killing pop superstar Jackson on June 25, 2009.

Dr. Murray was accused of giving a lethal injection of an anesthetic, propofol, to Jackson, who used the medication to sleep. The cardiologist was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter by a jury in 2011.

The doctor, 60, recently gave an interview to the Daily Mail, in which he denied being responsible for Jackson's death and painted the Jackson family as cold, uncaring and greedy.

The heart surgeon claims that Jackson once told him, "You know, for the rest of your life and my life our names will become inseparable.”

Dr. Murray recalled asking Jackson what he meant, and the singer supposedly smiled and said, "I am clairvoyant."

"‘I never gave Michael anything that would kill him," said Dr. Murray. "I loved him. I still do. I always will."

As part of that "love," Dr. Murray shared embarrassing claims of Jackson's life.

"Michael trusted no one," added Dr. Murray. "The bed chamber smelled because he did not even let maids in there to clean. There were clothes strewn everywhere."

"You want to know how close we were? I held his penis every night to fit a catheter because he was incontinent at night," claimed Dr. Murray.

"Michael was a decrepit man," added Dr. Murray. "He was frail. I had to force him to eat, to drink fluids. He always ate the same meal, rice and chicken. He was under enormous pressure. The children told him they were tired of living in hotels and rented places, but Michael was broke."

Dr. Murray also says that Jackson was addicted to demoral (prescribed by another doctor) and withdrawal from demoral was the cause of his insomnia on the day he died.

"That night he just couldn’t sleep. I prescribed him drugs to help, including valium and lorazepam, but he was begging, pleading, close to tears," Dr. Murray recalled.

Murray says he eventually gave Jackson a 25 mg propofol injection and sat by Jackson’s bedside.

‘I received a phone call at 11:07 a.m., and when I left Michael at 11:20 a.m., he had a normal heartbeat, his vital signs were good," stated Dr. Murray. "I left the room because I didn’t want to disturb him."

"I believe he woke up, got hold of his own stash of propofol and injected himself. He did it too quickly and went into cardiac arrest."

"When I came back in the room, I knew instantly he wasn’t breathing, added Dr. Murray. "I didn’t panic. I felt and tried to  get a pulse. I tried the groin and the carotid artery. There was no pulse. I immediately started CPR. I’ve resuscitated thousands of people. This was my friend, but I went into medical mode.’

However, in court Dr. Murray was slammed for not calling 911 immediately and for performing CPR on Jackson in bed instead of moving him to the floor.

In 2011, Dr. Murray said in a documentary that he didn't call 911 right away because he is a cardiologist, who could do whatever paramedics could do, noted TMZ.

"The three biggest things for us were the 911 call, not calling 911. That was a big issue, and not having the medical equipment in the room to put somebody under sedation and leaving the room," said Debbie Franklin, a member of the jury that convicted Dr. Murray in 2011, reported the NY Daily News.

Dr. Murray then gave his version of Jackson's death, "At the hospital, he had electrical activity. The heart was getting stimulation but the heart was not strong enough to get a pulse. He hadn’t flatlined."

"There was mild cardiac activity demonstrated on two echo-cardiograms. It was weakly contracting but not generating a pulse that was enough to generate life," claimed Dr. Murray. "I was in the emergency room, watching. They tried for an hour before they called it."

Sources: NY Daily News, TMZ, Daily Mail


Popular Video