Look closely at the new packaging. It resembles that of some of today's most popular junk food, doesn't it? Here's the reasoning: Given that today's kids have been dubbed the "junk- food generation," then maybe if a healthy food looks like junk, they'll be more likely to eat it!
- Packaging the veggies in Doritos-like bags. (Three different designs are planned.)
- Selling them via cool school vending machines. (Tests are underway in Cincinnati and Syracuse, N.Y.)
- Sporting slogans like this on billboards and packs: "The original orange doodles."
- Touting seasonal tie-ins. (Coming this Halloween: "Scarrots"!)
- Offering an iPhone app that's powered by the sound of folks munching carrots in real time.
- Airing TV spots that tout baby carrots as "extreme".