California Senior Citizens Accidentally Eat Pot Brownies

Three California senior citizens had to be hospitalized after accidentally eating brownies containing marijuana.

According to a posting on the Facebook page of the Huntington Police Department, the three seniors in their 70s and 80s were at a memorial service for a friend on Saturday when someone passed around a tray of brownies.

Police say those brownies contained "medical" marijuana, although no one informed anybody of that fact.

The seniors suffered from nausea, dizziness and the inability to stand without assistance. They were admitted to a local hospital until the symptoms wore off.

The department writes:

It is important for the community to understand that marijuana is a drug, and like all other drugs and alcohol, it is important to understand the negative consequences it creates in our community. Calling it “medical marijuana” does not make it any safer.


Popular Video