There's no better complement to a patty of fresh ground beef than a sturdy metal bolt. That’s what an Applebee’s in Albuquerque, New Mexico thinks at least.
A woman was dining on some burger sliders from the restaurant on Saturday when she bit into a bolt stuffed inside the burger.
“She bit into it and got a funny look on her face and we said ‘What’s wrong?’” the woman’s sister, Diana Almarez recalls. “As she kind of pulled the slider out of her mouth a little bit, there was this bolt.”
The woman immediately called her waiter over to their table and showed him the bolt. The restaurant comped their meal, but Almarez thinks more action should have been taken.
“I think they should have stopped selling the slider meat right then and there until they figure out where it came from, find out who processed the hamburger,” Almarez said.
An Applebee’s spokesperson says the company is grateful the customer is okay. The restaurant says they are investigating the incident to find out the origin of the bolt and to see if proper food handling protocol was followed.