Hi, today in this session I will discuss how easily becoming addicted to negative thinking can be. Throughout the years, patients have come to my office looking to resolve problems but many say things like, “…I can’t do this or I can’t do that.”
People need to realize that there is no obstacle in life, other than death, that stands in the way of you doing whatever it is you want to do in your life. It is important in life to always have some personal/professional/spiritual goals because this keeps you growing and learning about yourself, everyday a little more and more. We do not fully learn our potential until it is time to challenge oneself.
Life is about how you look or perceive it. When one is positive and focuses on what one can do, things start to fall in place. On the other hand, when one focuses on negative aspects, the things one cannot do, things start falling apart all around you. In my field, I have read a lot of books about positive thinking and have taught patients how to think this way and have seen miracles happen in due time with these patients.
How To Think Positive:
- Believe with all your heart and soul how special you are, focus on all your positive qualities and share them with others; don’t be afraid to show people what you are about.
- Speak and think positive thoughts, for example, let’s say you want to pass a test with an A, tell people you are going to pass the test with an A and keep telling yourself inside your head, that you will pass that test with an A. The whole energy changes, it shifts to a more positive outcome in reality.
- Please dream, daydream when you are in a quite place and can concentrate, about what you want your life to be like, now take the steps to make this dream come true, you are the only obstacle in your journey, let yourself be free to explore your dream, don’t be afraid.
- Being positive instills hope and we all need this in out lives, to be happy and feel fulfilled.
- Being negative drains you physically/emotionally/spiritually, while being positive energizes you and recharges your will.
- Being positive lengthens your life expectancy while negativity shortens your life expectancy and surround yourself around positive people
- Positive role models, teachers, etc.
- Family, friends, neighbors, people who find their strength in positive thinking and who fight for what they believe in ( figuratively speaking)
- People who never let you give up on yourself no matter what happens.
- Positive people are always around you, just take the time to seek them, they are great teachers.
Difficult Times Are Essential In Life They Teach Us:
- What we need to do better and focus on what are strengths are, what got us through those rough times.
- We don’t know it all, we are life time students and always learn new things and discover new abilities, keeps life interesting, never boring.
- We are stronger than we think.
- It takes courage to confront one’s problems and try to resolve them as best we can with what we have.
- Facing one’s fears is difficult but not impossible, as a commentator on my blog recently wrote me such a beautiful thought, ” Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.” (Sarah Crummie)
- Always have goals in your life that are realistic and complete one goal at a time.
- Focus on your abilities, not your short comings.
- Always acknowledge how special we are all, in our own unique self, and don’t let anyone tell you differently.
- Be positive as much as you can and just watch amazing things happen in your life.
- Life is an amazing journey, learn from it and enjoy it !!!
Good Luck and best regards !!!
- For those interested in attending positive thinking groups: