This is the time of the year when many of us pack up and head for the heat during spring break. If you are wanting to get bikini-ready fast to look your best, here are some tips to help you shape up quickly!
1. EAT ENOUGH PROTEIN. How much is “enough”? Aim for at least 15 grams at breakfast and 25 grams at lunch and dinner. Eating enough protein will help keep you fuller longer, and resist the temptation to snack excessively in between meals. Including high-quality sources like lean pork tenderloin, chicken breast, and fish, lentils, beans, quinoa or protein-packed Greek yogurt are all great options!
2. STAY HYDRATED. Dehydration has been known to be the underlying cause of food cravings, so this one is an easy fix – drink enough water! Water also helps to keep you full and is one of the keys to detoxing your body. As I tweeted, you can flavor plain water with fruit or veggie slices for a fun twist.
3. MORE VEGGIES, PLEASE! Eating more vegetables can help you meet weight loss goals in so many ways! Vegetables are loaded with vitamins, minerals and fibre, and can be one of your biggest assets for getting back in shape quickly. Adding in more vegetables increases the volume of your food, which allows you to eat more of nutrient-dense foods for less calories. Try incorporating them into salads, pasta, omelettes, soups or a stir fry.
4. AVOID AFTER DINNER EATING. Late-night snacking can be an issue for many of us, especially if its done mindlessly while watching television or browsing the internet, since we can forget how much we’re actually eating. Avoid eating after dinner so you can look fabulous in your bikini on the beach!
5. STRENGTH TRAIN FOR LASTING RESULTS. Many of us stick to the cardio so much that we may forget about the weight training side of the gym. Strength training, whether on your own, with a personal trainer or part of a group exercise class, can help you define and shape your muscles to help you get toned and also boost your metabolism for a vacation-ready physique! If you’re really short on time, focus on your upper body – arms can show definition faster than larger muscle groups. Try lifting weights 3-4 times per week for at least 30 minutes to see results.
What are your favorite get-in-shape-fast tricks?