EA first hooked me on its mobile efforts when I got to play around with the iPhone version of Tiger Woods at their big sports extravaganza a couple of years ago. A few months pre-release, I found myself going back to the iPhone while most people had bigger fish to fry. To be honest, there was probably more interesting stuff around, but for some reason, I was really impressed.
Up to then, iPhone games of any serious sort either didn’t impress me all that much, or wreaked havoc on my phone. Of course, we all know things are different today, but now they’ve kicked off Madden NFL 11, and it’s almost a whole new world all over again.
For the first time, consumers can now play Madden NFL 11 on iPad™. Madden NFL 11 for iPad™, iPod® touch and feature phone versions are launching alongside the franchise console offerings today. A version for Android™ phones will be available later in the year.
“The release of Madden NFL 11 upholds EA’s legacy of innovation in the mobile industry,” said Travis Boatman, Vice President of Worldwide Studios for EA Mobile. “Total Defensive Control, a brand new feature for iPad and iPod touch, redesigns how you play defense giving you more control and ultimately, making it more fun. If you have a mobile device and you’re a football fan, then this is the game for you.”
Madden NFL 11 for iPad and iPod touch
Madden NFL 11 is the most fun and complete NFL experience ever made for mobile devices and is available today from the App Store.
- Win With Defense – Total Defensive Control delivers the fun on defense. Play both sides of the ball with equal intensity with the all-new “Total Defensive Control.” TDC allows players to pause the action, position their defense and deliver game-changing hits like never before.
- Quick Play Decisions – With the new GameFlow playbook based on the console game’s new feature, players spend less time in the playbook and more time on the field. Keeping the game’s momentum going and shortening overall time per play is perfect for gaming on the go.
- Control the Action – With the innovative feature called “Hot Routes Everywhere,” players pick almost any football player pre-snap and literally draw their movement on the field while creating the play on the go. This year, draw routes on passing and running plays, along with defense.
- Graphics and Controls Befitting the Game – With HD-quality graphics for iPad, optimized graphics taking full advantage of the new Retina display and 3GS maximized visuals, football players rumble into action in authentic stadiums as gamers get drawn deeper in the experience. Controls are maximized for each device including a unique passing wheel designed exclusively for iPad.
- Unmatched Authenticity on Mobile Devices – With 32 NFL teams in authentic stadiums, choose from updated rosters featuring nearly 2,000 real players even seeing players’ names on the their jerseys in the iPad version.
- Play Your Way – Whether playing rivals via Bluetooth on the iPod touch or jumping right into a solo game, Madden NFL 11 delivers like never before. Play through an entire 16-game schedule in Season Mode making trades and tracking stats for a team and the entire league. In Playoffs Mode, replay last season’s historic playoffs all the way to the Super Bowl.
- Additional Features Coming Soon – Upcoming free iPad updates scheduled in time for the kick-off to the NFL regular season include retro-style “Vintage Voltage Football” and multiplayer gameplay.
Related Articles on Are You Screening?: