Look who’s talking now.
A third man has come forward to say that he at one point was inappropriately propositioned for sex by Hollywood icon, John Travolta. Fabian Zanzi, a former Royal Caribbean ship employee, insists that the “Pulp Fiction” star offered him $12,000 back in 2009 with the intention of getting to know him a little more intimately.
“He told me he had something on his neck,” Zanzi told Spanish news website ABC.es. “I thought it was fuzz. As I approached, he took off his white robe and was naked.”
“He hugged me and asked me to do a massage.”
Zanzi maintains that he refused the actor’s advances.
For those keeping track at home, this is now the third guy to step forward and out Travolta’s purported tendency to get frisky with men. Two anonymous masseurs are currently in the process of filing lawsuits in which they claim that Travolta sexually abused them.
Marty Singer, Travolta’s lawyer, has maintained for days that these accusations are entirely baseless. All of them.
“This individual is simply hopping on the bandwagon to get his 15 minutes of fame by coming up with a story for the first time with something that supposedly happened over three years ago,” Singer told the Daily News. “Nobody has ever heard from this guy before. No lawyer has contacted us.”
That was his take on the latest claim. Here is what he offered on the first two:
“It’s enough that anyone in America can sue anybody, but even worse when someone thinks they can do it anonymously.”
While these many, many allegations admittedly look pretty bad, there is at least some reason to doubt their validity. As noted by the Los Angeles Times:
Evidence suggesting John Travolta was in New York at the time he is accused of committing sexual battery against a massage therapist in Los Angeles continued to build Thursday, with private flight-tracking information being offered in the actor’s defense and a costume designer vouching for his whereabouts.
Early Thursday, flight information showing the actor’s plane leaving L.A. the evening of April 15 and arriving at a New York airport around 4 a.m. local time was published by TMZ, which had previously posted photos and a dinner receipt provided to several outlets by Travolta’s legal team that also indicated he was on the East Coast on the date the assault is alleged to have occurred.
So there you go. At least we can say for now that Travolta probably didn’t accost that guy. Meanwhile, as per Singer, the second masseuse making claims against Travolta has yet to offer any specifics regarding his accusations; hence the Travolta camp’s inability to disprove any of them up to this point.
While all these claims are deliciously salacious, it appears as though there isn’t much to back any of them up at the moment.