Dana Brunetti, the producer for the upcoming film rendition of E.L. James’ “Fifty Shades of Grey” recently dropped some huge hints about the movie’s sexy cast-to-be.
While she didn’t necessarily say exactly who will be playing the steamy lead role of Christian Grey, she did reveal one thing: that fans may be disappointed that some former highly-likely cast choices are not on her list.
It's only natural to assume that means no Matt Bomer, Henry Cavill or Ian Somerhalder.
These are The Stir’s Top 5 juicy details dropped by Brunetti:
1. One thing's definitely for sure - the highly-anticipated film adaptation of "Fifty Shades" will definitely hit theaters on August 1, 2014!
2. Apparently, several fans might be disappointed with the casting choice for the handsomely seductive Christian Grey. Brunetti insists that fans must understand how difficult such casting decisions can be - the personal image of a beloved character one individual reads in a book rarely matches the onscreen depiction. Brunetti assumes that many people will be unhappy with the choice of Mr. Grey and Miss Steele no matter which two stars producers pick.
3. Still, Brunetti confirms that James and producers ARE taking constant fan-chatter into account - several other factors are still going into the decision.
4. The biggest hold-up with casting - onscreen chemistry between the two lead roles is a must! Brunetti explains that they need to do a chemistry test between the actors before signing. Whoever plays kinky Mr. Grey will have to test well with whichever Hollywood beauty lands the part of Steele. Apparently, Grey will be cast first, and then Steele (that's not definite, just an assumption).
5. Currently, there's no official plan to produce "Fifty Shades Darker" or "Fifty Shades Freed" follow-up films! Producers want to, but their focus is entirely on the first film right now.