Actress Dana Delany's Botox Nightmare

It is because of stories like the one Dana Delany shared with Prevention Magazine that I cringe when I see Botox parties or moms giving their daughters Botox injections. In the interview, Dana describes her first and only Botox experience. “Seven years ago, I had never heard of Botox. My dermatologist was saying, ‘You should try it.’ He injected my forehead, hit a nerve, and created a huge hematoma. The nerve has been dead ever since. It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit.”

That kind of thing scares the heck out of me. Everyone says it is easy and no problem, and it probably is 99% of the time. But what about the other 1%? This was a doctor who did this. What about the people who are not licensed, and just decide to buy some and inject their friends to save on doctor's bills?

In the same interview, Dana also talked about her eating issues, and how, when she was a young actress, many days all she would eat would be an apple or a piece of toast.


Popular Video