Carolyn Wilman, also known as the ‘Contest Queen,’ is profiled, along with five other ‘sweepers,’ on the new reality show High Stakes Sweepers airing Sunday, August 14 on TLC.
Wilman has won almost $250,000 in cash and prizes over the 10 years that she's been entering sweepstakes; she's won clothes, cosmetics and kitchen appliances. She wins about 5 to 15 sweepstakes per month, including one lucky month when she won three trips in one week. "I feel so blessed that I won all this stuff," she says on the show's series premiere.
"I worked in marketing for 15 years and found myself unemployed. I read an article about a couple who entered sweepstakes on a daily basis. I thought, 'What a great idea. I won't have to work. I'll just win for a living.' "
ABC News recently profiled Carolyn and other sweepers to get their secrets.
Wilman says that she enters an average of 100 to 300 contests per day, often enlisting the help of her 9-year-old daughter, Nicole. Wilman recently shared five tips on winning sweepstakes with Good Morning America.
1. Always read the contest rules because it's the one thing people do the least. You do not want to disqualify yourself.
2. Visit sweepstakes websites that offer links to currently running promotions. You can sign up for newsletter subscriptions listing new sweepstakes and contests.
3. "Like" and "follow" people and companies on all social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook, to hear about new promotions and contests.
4. Most sweepstakes offer five entry methods: in-person, call-in, mail-in, online and text messaging. Use all five methods to maximize your odds of winning.
5. Don't forget the obvious. To win, you must enter. The more you enter, the better your odds.