Skip to main content

Caitlin Heller Sets Herself On Fire In Freak Twerking Mishap (Video)

As the twerking craze sweeps the nation and perhaps even the world, one acrobatic twerker learned the hard way that it’s best to take a few safety precautions before getting into the suddenly popular dance move.

A YouTube search for “twerking” is likely to produce, literally, millions of results, but a young woman signing her name as Caitlin Heller found  a way to burn her twerking video into the collective consciousness when she set herself on fire -- apparently by accident -- in a twerking-gone-bad mishap.

The video has now gone viral, receiving over 500,000 views as of Friday morning.

"I tried making a sexy twerk video for my boyfriend and things got a little too hot," read her entire description of the video on her YouTube account. The accompanying picture is from the video, which is viewable in its entirety below.

In the video, Heller in a pink top and black leggings, plays a hip hop track on her iPod through speakers, then dances around the room, mostly shaking her backside at the camera. On a coffee table, she as positioned several lighted candles and what appears to be a bottle of tequila.

Wikipedia describes “twerking” as “a type of dancing in which the dancer, usually a woman, shakes her hips in an up-and-down bouncing motion, causing the dancer's buttocks to shake, ‘wobble’ and ‘jiggle.’”

The Oxford English Dictionary, which only recenlty added the word, gives a more staid definition, saying that to “twerk” is “"to dance to popular music in a sexually provocative manner involving thrusting hip movements and a low, squatting stance."

In either case, Heller is doing exactly that when she stands on her hands and twerks upside-down against a door. Unfortunately for her, another woman, presumably her roommate, opens the door not knowing that Heller is twerking enthusiastically on the other side.

Heller topples backward and crashes on to the coffee table. The lighted candles, possibly fueled by spilled tequila, ignite her leggings as she screams in horror.

Apparently, however, she was not seriously injured.

SOURCES: YouTube, Fox News, Huffington Post, Daily Mail


Popular Video