Skip to main content

Woman Overdoses On Heroin With Kids In The Car While At McDonald's

  • Author:
  • Updated:

A 37-year-old woman in Monroe, Michigan, is facing criminal charges after she reportedly overdosed on heroin in the bathroom of a McDonald’s while her children were left in a freezing cold car.

At around 4:15 p.m. this past Wednesday, the woman’s 9-year-old daughter discovered her mother passed out in the restaurant bathroom. A witness said the girl then ran outside to her 5-year-old sister. When police arrived, they found the woman unconscious and leaning on the toilet. A shoe string was allegedly tied around her arm, and a syringe and burned spoon were found next to her. McDonald’s employees looked after the children while authorities tended to their mother.

The woman and her children were brought to a nearby hospital, where she regained consciousness after doctors gave her Narcan. According to Monroe News, the woman “showed no remorse and had nothing to say to the investigating officer.” The two young girls were later released to their father.

The mother is facing possible charges of child neglect, possession of drug paraphernalia, and leaving unattended children inside of a vehicle.  

Source: Monroe News / Photo Credit: WikiCommons


Popular Video