Woman Killed by Fireworks Inside Her Bedroom (Video)


Kathryn Flint, 49, was fatally burned inside her Auburndale, Florida, home during a Fourth of July fireworks-related accident on Friday night.

Flint's family had reportedly gathered at her house for a homemade fireworks show.

According to ClickOrlando.com, Flint went into a bedroom to get some large mortars that are used for lighting and launching fireworks (video below).

However, while she was inside the bedroom, there was an accidental ignition of one of the mortars, which caused multiple explosions from other mortars.

Flint's son Christopher went to a bedroom window, took out an air conditioner and removed his mother from the burning room.

Flint had severe burns and was flown by a medical helicopter to a local hospital, where she died.

A dog was killed in the fire and another canine was burned. Christopher also suffered burns, but survived.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, police and fire officials are still investigating how the first mortar caught on fire.

Fire officials routinely warn members of the public not to have their own private fireworks show, but rather to attend a fireworks display put on by professionals.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Sources: ClickOrlando.comOrlando Sentinel


Popular Video