Aya Zaremba of San Marcos, California, claims she got a little more than cheese and sauce when she bit into a quesadilla from Taco Bell.
Zaremba told 10News she found a metal spring from a pen in her meal on Oct. 18.
"My first instinct was, 'Oh my God, my daughter could have swallowed this,'" she told 10News. "I could not believe that I saw this metal spring in my food.”
Zaremba said she called the store but no one answered.
"I tried numerous times because I was mad," she said. "I was like, 'What is this doing in my food?’"
Photos of Zaremba’s quesadilla were sent to Taco Bell’s corporate office in Irvine, California, by 10News.
"We take this claim very seriously and immediately contacted the customer as soon as we were made aware of her experience,” a spokesperson wrote in an email to 10News. "We, and our franchisee, are actively investigating."
Though Zaremba said that a representative from the company called to resolve the problem, she said she won’t return.
"I'm so grossed out, I don't think I'll ever come back.”
Taco Bell isn't the only chain getting this type of press. According to Eater, McDonald's doesn't have the best reputation either; a boy cut his mouth on a piece of plastic in a chocolate sundae, and a man found a human tooth in his french fries.