Teen Tries To Eat Live Firework


Shocking footage showing a teen trying to eat a live firework surfaced in late April (video below).

In the clip, the Chinese boy can be seen lighting a cherry bomb, which contains flash powder, before putting it in his mouth.

Almost immediately, the teen winces in pain as he attempts to keep his mouth closed. Smoke starts pouring from his nose and the cherry bomb goes off, causing him to back away from the camera and writhe in agony.

The clip went viral, with more than 165,000 views in just two days, the Daily Mail reported. 

The clip was reportedly filmed in China, and went viral after being uploaded to LiveLeak. 

“Kids nowadays have too much free time and are wayyy too bored,” one viewer commented.

In a similar incident in California, a 16-year-old suffered first and second-degree burns after lighting himself on fire in what is known as the fire challenge.

The teen poured rubbing alcohol all over his body before lighting himself, the Los Angeles Times reported. He suffered burns on his face, hips and neck, but was listed in stable condition.

“Being burned alive was one of the worst things you can imagine,” the teen, Fernando Valencia, told KABC. “It's my fault. I can't say nothing else besides it was a dumb idea."

The fire challenge had become a popular YouTube sensation, with people putting flammable materials on their body and then lighting themselves on fire. Many challenges occurred without serious injury, but the California boy was an exception.

“This is one of the first calls we responded to with this social media craze,” Orange County Fire Authority captain Mike Summers said. “This is an entirely new twist.”

Valencia said he regretted what he did, and believes no amount of Internet fame is worth such suffering.

“I wouldn't wish it on nobody," he said. "It's extremely painful. It's just not a good idea. It's nothing you want to try."

Sources: Daily Mail, Los Angeles Times, KABC / Photo credit: Live Leak via Daily Mail 

Popular Video