An Ohio man, accused of killing three people and wounding a fourth after luring them through fake Craigslist ads for a job as a farm caretaker, pleaded not guilty on Wednesday, according to Reuters.
The charges could carry a death sentence.
Richard J. Beasley, 52, faces a 28-count indictment stemming from the killings. Brogan Rafferty, 17, has also been charged in the killings as an accomplice, according to CNN reports.
Beasley appeared Wednesday in court by video conference during which prosecutors read the charges, said April Wiesner, spokeswoman for the Summit County, Ohio, prosecutor's office.
Prosecutors say they believe Beasley fired the shots in the three murders and the wounding of the fourth victim.
Beasley and Rafferty are suspected of luring the men to Noble County promising them a job on a 688-acre farm.
The high school sophomore is charged with three counts of aggravated murder, one count of attempted murder, and robbery and kidnapping, according to Wiesner.
Rafferty's father, Michael, told Cleveland affiliate WJW in November that his son had been "manipulated" and "corrupted."
The father also said his son unintentionally dug the graves at Beasley's direction.
The killings are the latest in several incidents across the country where suspected attackers apparently found their victims through Craigslist ads or other social media sites on the internet.