A Scotland mother is demanding a football player be arrested after her teenage daughter fell into a coma upon kissing the man.
Football player Stefan MacRitchie, 20, allegedly slipped a super strength ecstasy tablet into the 14-year-old girl’s mouth at a New Year’s party, the Mirror reports.
Her mother recalls returning home from a New Year’s celebration only to learn her daughter was in the hospital.
She recalls being terrified as she watched her daughter’s behavior degrade.
“My daughter was throwing herself off the bed, banging her head off it, crawling on the floor,” recalls the mother. “It was like something out of the horror movie 'The Exorcist.' She was black and blue.”
They tried, unsuccessfully, to comfort her.
“She was hallucinating, thinking things were coming out of the walls to get her,” said the mother. “I was trying to comfort her but she was lashing out, although every now and then she’d come out of it and say, ‘Mum, mum, help me, help me, stop this, stop this.'”
The mother said she called party attendees to figure out what had happened.
“A friend said she’d gone into the bathroom with Stefan and she came out in a terrible state,” the mother said.
Doctors put the girl into a medically-induced coma and gave her a 50-50 chance of survival. They also warned she may suffer brain damage.
The teenager spent four nights in the hospital.
While she survived, the once outgoing and confident young woman had completely changed.
Not only did she take time off school out of embarrassment, she quit her job, as well.
“She failed to sit her exams,” said her mother. “She’d always been a top student. Her teachers were quite shocked at the change in her.”
“People who say he didn’t mean any harm don’t know the effect it’s had on her,” she added.
MacRitchie finally did admit to giving the girl the drug. A court will sentence him some time in August.
According to the Foundation for a Drug-Free World, Ecstasy is an illegal drug in the U.S. that can send those in possession of it to jail for up to four years.
Nevertheless, the deadly drug remains popular among young people worldwide.