Romanian man Radu Calinescu went to the ER after complaining of intense stomach pain, only to find out that the fork he had swallowed in a drunken bet was the cause of his irritation.

“I had been drinking and I bet with my friend that I could swallow the fork without getting hurt,” Calinescu said.

Annoyed doctors told Calinescu that the fork wouldn’t damage his vital organs or cut his airway, but that he should return in a few days to see if the utensil passed through his body.

If the fork reaches Calinescu’s stomach and looks as though it might pierce the lining, he could require surgery.

“I realize now it was a very stupid thing to do,” Calinescu said. “I don’t think I will be taking part in any bets for a while.”

Image placeholder title

Sources: NY Daily News, Metro


Popular Video